It's impossible to give you an accurate prediction on how much you might spend on your Sumo, it depends on many things, the finish you want, the performance you want, the amount of parts you are prepared to refurbish or make yourself and how much you have to spend in the first place etc etc.
Typical values are:
- Budget model - £10k - V6 engine, some second hand parts, gelcoat.
-Typical £13-£14k - Rover V8, decent spec, gel coat finish.
- High £20k+ - Chevy 350 /Ford 302 motor, decent paint job, top spec.
An example of a completed car to the following specification would cost around £13-£14k to complete: (like the black one shown on the Welcome page)
- Ford Donor - Parts all fully reconditioned
- Galvanised chassis
- 17" Halibrand (Image) wheels
- Leather seats and interior
- ETB instrumentation
- Professionally build Rover 3.5l V8 engine - 200BHP approx
- Stainless side pipes and headers
- Coloured Gelcoat finish
- Full leather professionally made interior.